Thursday 14 February 2008

library display and mystery pot


Nearly forty years ago I bought this pot in Gloucestershire. I was reminded of it with Doug's talk of digging local clay. This guy was digging his own clay and other raw materials at the end of his garden. He was working in a fairly small garden shed. His name was either P C Brown or C P Brown! I think this is a great little pot and over the years we have had a lot of fun with it as we try to get friends to drink from it. Has any one ever heard of this potter?
I took some time off this afternoon to do a display in my local library. They have been very helpful in getting some wonderful books for me and I thought it would be good to show them the pots the have helped me to create. They are able to borrow beautiful facsimille copies of medieval manuscripts that I could not afford to buy. The British Library has produced a copy of the Luttrell Psalter which is one of my favourite books to work from.

1 comment:

  1. I have a vague recollection of that chap, although might we have talked about him? John Edgeler may know something about him, I'll ask.
    Your display looks great and that's a lovely idea to put your pots in the place of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete