Tuesday 8 June 2010

Half-term

It has been a busy week with the boys at home and different chores to do. Yesterday I had to go to London to get my son a visa to travel to China ( a task that was not successfully completed! )
Nevertheless, I rewarded myself with a trip to The V and A. I get excited about so many different objects. After the usual salivating over the slipware I found these more everyday objects with designs by Eric Ravilious. They have given me ideas for future work!

We spent the week-end in Wales at it was my parent's 60th wedding anniversary so we called into St. Fagans. This wassail bowl was displayed in a dark corner in one of the houses.
On the last day of term I taught at a local school for the morning. I had two groups of children to work with. They are children considered gifted and talented as schools have to make special provision for them. They were a most wonderful group of students but I couldn't help thinking that all children should have access to the delights of working with clay. It is one of the most engrossing activities and I have never yet met any children of any age who didn't become completely absorbed making things.

No comments:

Post a Comment