Monday 13 June 2011

Pots and garden


The day started very overcast and grey but this afternoon the sun sneaked out. I took advantage of the light to take a few photos of the garden and this pot.
I am showing the same tureen from both sides. I didn't have enough time to 'arrange' the photo as I had to press on with work.
It never ceases to amaze me how I continually over estimate the amount of work I can do in a day. I thought I would take a bit of time at the start of the day to glaze a kiln load of pots before going on to sgraffito a bread bin. The glazing took all morning and into the afternoon with a short break to run a boy to his A level in politics.
I did manage to decorate the bread bin but I didn't stop until about 8 o'clock!

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on that Margaret, my "to do" list is always far longer than I can do but when I write it it always feels feasible. Then I get fed up because I don't finish everything.
    Getting in an E&F flap now, so much to do so little time.
    That pot in the picture is lovely. Your eye for detail is amzing. See you soon,
    hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at Earth and Fire Margaret. The pot is wonderful. I expect you'll have a full stand of nice pots for the show.

    ReplyDelete