Monday 20 February 2012

Reliquary

A few years ago at Potfest the competition was entitled 'shrine or reliquary'. This was one of the ideas I played with at the time. However, I did nothing with it as I wanted the feather to be set in resin. I never got around to researching how to do that but a friend has just done it for me.
I'm not sure I'll have the time to do anything with the idea now but I am finding this fascinating, apparently you can set almost anything in resin my friends are exploiting the idea setting pieces of text and found objects into the resin.
While we were with our friends we also visited Tate Margate. So it was a relaxing, enjoyable week-end.

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely, I have been toying with reliquary ideas and the resin to capture an items sounds very interesting. A feather must be so difficult to do without disturbing the fineness of it, your's looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete