Sunday 3 March 2013

Tea caddy

Just recently I thought I would explore some new shapes. At the end of the day when I had really finished work I thought I would throw just one more pot to try a different shape. As it turned out the pot wasn't centred very well and I was about to throw it out when I thought I may as well do some quick sgraffito on it to see how the shape worked. Here is the finished pot. Although the pot isn't very good I think it gives me a really good surface for decorating. I've since thrown some more to work with so I am looking forward to getting out to the studio to draw on them.

4 comments:

  1. love it margaret! lidded forms are so functional and yet have such a great space to decorate, fun and serious :)) what more could you ask from a pot..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to stretch out, Margaret. This works well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this shape Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it too Margaret, it looks perfect for decorating with some more splendid drawings. Look forward to seeing the rest.

    ReplyDelete