Monday 12 June 2017

China in April


This blog almost seems to be all about my trips to China. I returned to China in April to take my mother to see her granddaughter and great grand children. April in China seems to be all about the cherry blossom. The Buddist temples are set in parks and the red ribbons are peoples' prayers.
The blossom was at it's peak and there were cherry trees in parks, along motorways and lining the pavements.
People everywhere were posing to be photographed  with the blossom.

The pagoda is a famous land mark in the centre of Xian. Here we are posing ourselves the three generations of our family.


Although I had seen the terra-cotta warriors before I took my mum to see them. I was still very impressed with the sheer scale of them. The weather was beautiful and there was the most amazing number of tourists visiting. People poured in by the thousand.



Another site I revisited was the folk museum. These muscians must re-enact this performance day in and day out. It's a unique performance with someone playing a bench. The village consists of houses braught from all over China and re-erected in this village,
We had a wonderful holiday with beautiful weather which has left us with precious memories to treasure.


 PS I should mention there are wonderful antique shops with amazing pots.......

restaurants selling beautiful freshly cooked food........


No comments:

Post a Comment